The Sonicorbiter 2.5 operating system comes with the following new features
1. Updated base operating system and Kernel.
2. All the pre-configured applications have been updated to the latest release versions and or stable versions.
3. DSD playback now supports Native DSD with POP free PCM/DSD transitions.
4. New devices have been added that support Native DSD playback.
5. Spotify Connect has been added as a new output mode. This new output mode can be controlled by your computer or tablet running the Spotify application. The application can be installed and uninstalled from Software Manager. This application is based on librespot - an open source client library for Spotify.
6. A SongCast receiver has been added to the existing MPD/DLNA output mode. This new output mode accepts streams from your computer running Linn Songcast. The application can be installed and uninstalled from the Software manager. The application is in Beta form.
1. Why the upgrade charge?
To add new features and enhancements, we needed to provide our customers with a new base operating system and Kernel. After much consideration, we determined the best way to deliver the new operating system was by sending you a new microSD card with version 2.5 preloaded. We have absorbed as much of the cost as possible but are asking our customers for $20 to upgrade.
2. Will my microRendu still function if I choose not to upgrade?
Simple answer: YES! The Sonicorbiter 2.3 operating system utilized on the microRendu is approaching the end of its development cycle. This means that we will continue to maintain the operating system for general functionality only. However, we will no longer provide application updates and new features going forward. There is no need to update to the next version right away, but we recommend that you consider it at some point in the near future.
3. How difficult is the install? The install is very simple and takes less than 2 minutes to complete.
Now offering free worldwide shipping.